Forum Title: Replace parts on Window with new parts?
I have some windows in my 12 year old home that we have been unable to determine the name of the manufacturer. I have had at least two contractors look at them and the best I got was the name of a stock supply company that dealt with my builder 12 years ago. (Name not found in window) I contacted them and sent pictures but they could not find anything matching what I sent them. I am selling the home and I know that a couple of the guides on the sides of need to be replaced and at least one lock is missing. I know the inspector will find this so I would like to get ahead and get someone ready to repair. Is it possible to just replace the guides from this company with new guides from another company? Any other suggestions on easy ways to fix and what type of contractor should I call? The general handyman types did not seem to be a help at all.
Category: Windows & Doors Post By: TRACEY QUINN (Palatine, IL), 01/19/2019

Self adhesive means just that, but I suspect they are covering all bases. They want to be sure the adhesive flashing covere the nail fins, and stays there. Yes, it will stick to felt. Sorry for bing critical, but I must. Why aluminum windows??? They are not very energy efficient, even modern ones.

- ALEXANDER HARVEY (Downey, CA), 02/02/2019

Home Improvment Support & Helpful Links

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-506-9527